Thursday, November 27, 2014

Ain't Nobody got time fo that!

Story of my life these days.  And it's a good thing, a great thing even.  James is about the best thing that I've ever done in my life and I'm so proud of him already.  I'm even more proud that we're a family now, with mom, mama, and James Ryan (or Jimmy as the east coast family calls him).  He's a mostly happy baby, except for when he's hungry or tired.  No idea where he got that from! I worry about things though, sometimes too much.  Everyone says he looks like just like.  I don't want that to be a thing that Kerry grasps onto and feels excluded.  He acts like her quite a bit also.  He's a good blend of the both of us.  It's almost like no donor was involved.


These pictures were from his 7 month photo shoot.  I'm hoping we get time together as a family to get photos done for Christmas!  It's amazing how fast he's growing and getting smarter and funnier by the day.  I hate missing time away from him while I am at work, but it makes it all worth it to see him happy, healthy, and excited to see us when we return home.  We're lucky to have such a great nanny (and her family) that takes such great care of him.  I love him, more than I ever thought possible, and I love Kerry more than ever just watching her parent our son.  Watching the two of them interact with each other fills my heart with a completeness that I never knew was possible.  Everything I've been through to get to this, it was worth it.

I'm working at my new job, which I almost quit two months into the process.  There are some dysfunctional staff members there that were making me want to pull my hair out.  Gladly with enough push from us as the management team, it's improving.  Bit by bit.  I wouldn't stay for that though, I really like the doctors I work with and am hopefully after I get my CNM (which I just reapplied for) that I can hire into this group.  Gotta have goals baby!

Kerry has just left for her stupid night shift at sports authority.  She's hopeful to be done by 4am, back home, then back to work there at 11am.  Crazy black friday shopping.

I leave you with a good song from one of my favorite vocalists.  Sara Bareilles~The Light

In the morning it comes
Heaven sent a hurricane
Not a trace of the sun
But I don't even run from rain

Beating out of my chest
Heart is holding on to you
From the moment I knew
From the moment I knew

You were the air in my breath
Filling up my love soaked lungs
Such a beautiful mess
Intertwined and overrun
Nothing better than this
Ooh, and then the storm can come
You feels just like the sun
Just like the sun

And if you say, "Be alright"
I'm gonna trust you, babe
I'm gonna look in your eyes
And if you say, "Be alright"
I'll follow you into the light

Never mind what I knew
Nothing seems to matter now
Ooh, who I was without you
I can do without
No one knows where ends
How it may come tumbling down
But I'm here with you now
I'm with you now

And if you say, "Be alright"
I'm gonna trust you, babe
I'm gonna look in your eyes
And if you say, "Be alright"
I'll follow you into the light

Let the world come rushing
Come down hard, come crushing
All I need is right here beside me
And all the love I'm swearing
Take my love and wear it
Over your shoulders
And if you say, "Be alright"
I'm gonna trust you, babe
I'm gonna look in your eyes
And if you say, "Be alright"
I'll follow you into the light

No comments: