Thursday, July 18, 2013

Last Two Rounds

So, we've moved onto our last two rounds of fertility treatment, IUI's or intrauterine insemination.  The cost of fertility treatments is just so damn high.  It makes me wonder how many of the people I'm on chat forum boards with get by with all their treatments.  I mean one lady is on like her 6th round of IVF and that's at least 6k-9k per month!  And from what I've read on her and her partner's income, its not too impressive.  But hey, to each their own.  We had already decided early on that we wouldn't be going so far as IVF, so IUI's are as far as we'd go.  Even that alone is 350 per pop plus cost of ultrasounds (this month I had 2 at almost $175 each) and then of course the cost of sperm (two vials, on the least expensive route, was about $675 including shipping).  So there you go.  Luckily enough, and though Kerry dislikes when I discuss money stuff, we both got a bonus last month which is helping us do these two tries.  Fingers crossed that one of them sticks.  This month I had three great eggs ready to pop, triggered 34 hours prior to insemination, and now I am in the dreaded TWW (two week wait).

In other news, and I don't remember if I posted before, but I applied for my post master's certificate for school.  Going to try to be a certified nurse midwife, with full prescriptive authority and all!  I should find out in the next couple of weeks if I got in.  I've lined up my clinical instructor and the last hurdle will be getting financing together of course!  I'll still be working full time, so will still have benefits and of course regular income which is sort of a big deal.  Although lately we've been discussing me going on Kerry's benefits because hers are way better.  Go figure!

In 2 1/2 weeks will be going camping with my BFF Tiffany (musingsofarunnergirl.com) and her family.  I can't wait as it should be great weather, we'll be hanging out like usual fun when we were kids, and of course there is a lake and we have floaty toys!  :)  It's fun to also hang out with my niece and nephew and enjoy what wonderful funny beautiful people they are becoming.  Also my nephew, he has a wicked sarcastic sense of humor for a dude under 10!

Ooh, also, this weekend coming up, reunion BBQ at Jana's house.  That will be awesome, at least it usually is, so hopefully it lives up to the normal expectations.  It's always good to see old friends, I mean they aren't old, just that we've been friends a long time!  LOL

Song today....hmm, not sure I have one in mind....will skip it today!

No comments: