Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Next Steps

So, March was an interesting month, fertility wise.  Decided not to take my Clomid this month and guess what, never ovulated.  So, cycle repeats itself again although hopefully in April it will be armed with new knowledge.  Our donor is having a semen analysis done on April 4th and I am being sent in for an hysterosalpingogram.  Say that three times fast now why don't you.  Or HSG works just as well.  For those not in the know, here is what an HSG is: 

A hysterosalpingogram (HSG) is an X-ray test that looks at the inside of the uterus and fallopian tubes and the area around them. It often is done for women who are having a hard time becoming pregnant (infertile).  During a hysterosalpingogram, a dye (contrast material) is put through a thin tube that is put through the vagina and into the uterus. Because the uterus and the fallopian tubes are hooked together, the dye will flow into the fallopian tubes. Pictures are taken using a steady beam of X-ray (fluoroscopy) as the dye passes through the uterus and fallopian tubes. The pictures can show problems such as an injury or abnormal structure of the uterus or fallopian tubes, or a blockage that would prevent an egg moving through a fallopian tube to the uterus. A blockage also could prevent sperm from moving into a fallopian tube and joining (fertilizing) an egg. A hysterosalpingogram also may find problems on the inside of the uterus that prevent a fertilized egg from attaching (implanting) to the uterine wall.

For those that are more visual, here are some images of what you can see when you have an HSG done:



So there, more information than you ever wanted to know about me and what will be happening to my insides.  If I'm totally lucky I will have images to post after the procedure.  Now wouldn't that be cool to share with all of you!  Lucky readers you.  Other than that, nothing new to share.  I'll keep you posted as I know more information.  Song for today comes to you courtesy of an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

"Goodbye to You"~Michelle Branch
Of all the things I've believed in
I just want to get it over with
Tears form behind my eyes
But I do not cry
Counting the days that pass me by

I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
It feels like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend
And I said,

[Chorus:]
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to

I still get lost in your eyes
And it seems that I can't live a day without you
Closing my eyes and you chase my thoughts away
To a place where I am blinded by the light
But it's not right

And it hurts to want everything and nothing at the same time
I want what's yours and I want what's mine
I want you
But I'm not giving in this time

And when the stars fall
I will lie awake
You're my shooting star



No comments: