Tuesday, July 31, 2012

TMI for some....

So, the master's degree experience that has been my life is almost officially ended.  And I'm happy to say that it has been successful.  Despite my awkward night shift schedule, I love my job and I love what I do, and that makes having this job all the more worth it.  So on to the next phase in my life.  And this phase, I'm happy to say, is kids.  Yup, we've decided to expand our family and will officially be trying to get pregnant this month (August that is).  Now those of you that know me well know that I've been obsessed with pregnancy from an early age (let's say 11, 12 maybe).  I also LOVE babies, my favorite developmental stage, I can't lie.  Kerry thinks that once the babies come (I'm hoping for twins, I'll get to that), that when they become toddlers I will start ignoring them and turn over all the parenting to her.  Yeah, not likely, but still funny since she knows me TOO DAMN WELL.  Seriously people, its creepy.
Ok, so when contemplating a lesbian couple trying to get pregnant, I imagine quite a few people have questions. I'll try to address some of them.  
  • Yes we have a donor, yes we know him, no we're not having "actual sex", no I won't tell you who he is, yes he might someday meet the kids, yes I know his health history, yes he checks out medically, and again NO, I won't be telling you who he is.  
  • If I haven't already made it clear, yes I AM the one who will be carrying.  Kerry thinks fetuses in utero are like aliens and I'm pretty sure would find all of pregnancy repugnant.  
  • Contrary to popular opinion, we will in fact not be using a turkey baster to get pregnant.  We'll be using a syringe and catheter.
  • Yes, I am on clomid to help with fertility.  Although I don't have any issues that I know of, my OB is sensitive to our artificial insemination needs, and wants to increase the likelihood of us getting pregnant sooner rather than later.
  • Yes, I am aware that clomid increases the likelihood that we will have twins or higher multiples.  Twins run in my family anyway.  Along with this and other risk factors (being heavy, over 30, over 5'5", etc), raises my risk of twins overall anyway.  I think Kerry will faint if we have twins, but I'm sure we'll deal.
  • No, I don't care what the sex(es) of our babies will be.  I think secretly Kerry would like a boy, but I'm good with whatever.
  • YES, I am retarded for sharing all of this on my blog.  But hey, it's me, what else would I do.
Ok, so other people might have other questions, but hopefully I've addressed some of the basics.  I know the few of you that read this will ask me, either here, or directly, if you have more questions and I'm happy to answer them as needed.  

In other news, I've been increasing in responsibility at my job, taking on more patients as needed, doing triage, taking on more complex patients.  This is a good thing for my hopeful advancement at some point.  I've also been picking up extra hours at work so I can take some time off for a CWU reunion (um, ya know, where my BFF Tiff went to college, not me!).  And then again in October for a girls only weekend.  YEAH!!

So this is day 3 of 100mg of Clomid.  So far, only side effect I've noticed, is that I'm slightly more sensitive/emotional than normal.  Cried for 10 minutes on the way home over a dead dog on the side of the road.  Now Kerry claims that I'm "defensive" and that I'm trying to pick a fight.  Yeah ok whatever, onwards and upwards.

A favorite song of mine these days:
"Hold my Heart" ~Sara Bareilles
I never meant to be the one to let you down
If anything, I thought I saw myself going first
I didn't know how to stick around
How to see anybody but me be getting hurt

I keep remembering the summer night
And the conversation breaking up the mood
I didn't want to tell you you were right
Like the season changing, oh, I felt it too

Does anybody know how to hold my heart
How to hold my heart?
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go too soon

I want to tell you so before the sun goes dark
How to hold my heart
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go of you

I'm not the kind to try to tell you lies
But the truth is you've been hiding from it too
I see the end sneaking in behind your eyes
Saying everything no words could ever do

Does anybody know how to hold my heart
How to hold my heart?
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go too soon

I want to tell you so before the sun goes dark
How to hold my heart
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go of you

Is anybody listening?
'Cause I'm crying
Is anybody listening?

Does anybody know how to hold my heart
How to hold my heart?
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go too soon

I want to tell you so before the sun goes dark
How to hold my heart
'Cause I don't want to let go, let go, let go of you

No comments: