Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Emotional One

Yes, that's me, the emotional one.  At least it is tonight.  The evening before thanksgiving and I feel like I have so many things to be thankful for.  First off, thankful to be alive and mostly healthy.  Recent events have shown me that although I might be on the heavier side of life, that I have a lot of things in my favor that other people don't have and I am thankful to be healthy.  I'm also thankful for having a family that although can be crazy and wild at times, loves me no matter what.  I'm happy to be a part of a family that loves each other, no matter what happens.  Up or down, love is still there.  I'm so happy and proud to be an Aunt to Frances, Trina, Devan, Niko, Evan, and Alec.  Some of those I added myself too, but hey, I feel like I'm their Aunt.  Being their Aunt in my head and heart is what matters.  I'm thankful for singing to Frances at night sometimes and putting her to sleep, even for having her correct me when I sing the wrong words.  She brings me a peace that I've not known in other areas of my life.  I'm thankful for my KJ who keeps me sane and supports me no matter what.  I'm thankful for my friends who love me unconditionally and are there for me when I need them, in sometimes the dumbest ways possible.  I hope to God that I am as decent a friend to those who care for me as I care for them.  So before I get too far into sounding like an idiot I'm going to leave it there.  I'm thankful.  Thankful for everything I have, everything I've been given, and everything I don't even realize I have....

No comments: