Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Not Quite a Month Yet

So I'm getting another post in in just under a month this time.  Woohoo!  I enjoyed my break off from school and have even continued it forward a bit into the semester.  I went camping twice, once with mom and once with Michelle, at Grayland and Ft. Flagler respectively.  I had a good time both times and it was nice to be out in nature.  At Michelle's camp we had the most awesome people friendly squirrels who were entertaining to watch and kept getting into stuff at everyone's campsite.  They really terrorized a young couple behind us, which was better than watching reality TV (or we're just that bored while camping that it was).  Played a round of golf, which wasn't my strong suit, but hard to tell if one is improving really when you don't go all that frequently (twice this year, YEAH!).
Also just returned from a weekend in Eastern WA watching my good friend John get married.  Wedding was beautiful, weather turned out great, reception was a rocking good party, and I ended the night early drunk and put to bed in the yurt (where we later had an after party that I'd like to tell you more about, but hello, read my previous sentence).  All I know is that fairly early in the morning, around 530 or so, woke up to four people in the king size bed and two of them went back to their own yurt.  Good times obviously when we all have to pass out in one bed.
I take my NCLEX a week from today.  I'm both nervous and excited about it.  I'm of course nervous because it will be difficult and long and challenging and everything else everyone says about it.  I'm also excited to just have it over and done with (assuming of course that I pass and am officially an RN at that point).  Still waiting to hear back on my job interview that I had for the RN residency in labor and delivery, but there was an update to that at least (they said it would be a long process).  They emailed me last week asking for my references and all four references have completed their portion of the job.  Hoping this is of course good news and means I'm moving forward in the process.
So, not a super long blog, but long enough by any means.  Off to study, then work tonight, then spending the night at bff's house so I can watch the kiddos tomorrow (since their teachers are still on strike).  STUDY STUDY STUDY TIME!!
Today's song, as sung at the wedding (with some wrong lyrics)
"One and Only"~Adele
You've been on my mind
I grow fonder every day,
Lose myself in time
Just thinking of your face
God only knows
Why it's taking me so long
To let my doubts go
You're the only one that I want

I don't know why I'm scared, I've been here before
Every feeling, every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never try
To forgive your past and simply be mine

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
Promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts

I've been on your mind
You hang on every word I say, lose yourself in time
At the mention of my name,
Will I ever know how it feels to hold you close?
And have you tell me whichever road I choose you'll go

I don't know why I'm scared 'cause I've been here before
Every feeling every word, I've imagined it all,
You never know if you never tried
To forgive your past and simply be mine

I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts

I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart
I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart

(Nobody's perfect, trust me I've learnt it)
I know it ain't easy, giving up your heart
(Nobody's perfect, trust me I've learnt it)
I know it ain't easy, giving up your heart

I know it ain't easy
Giving up your heart

So I dare you to let me be your, your one and only
I promise I'm worthy to hold in your arms
So come on and give me the chance
To prove I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts
Come on and give me a chance
To prove that I'm the one who can
Walk that mile until the end starts. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post.