Sunday, June 05, 2011

Keeping Up!

No, not with the Joneses, but at some points today with my best friend Tiffany.  Today Tiffany ran her 26.2 miles for a full marathon completed.  Sarah (the twinnie) and I traveled out to Port Angeles to support both her and Alyssa (who was running her first 1/2 marathon).  We of course did our usual awesome sign making and were glad that we were able to see both of the girls during their runs (we unfortunately missed Alyssa's big finish at about 2 hours 15 minutes).  What was awesome was being able to run w/Tiffany during several spots along her race path.  We caught her at the beginning of her race, her halfway point, about 20 miles, and then I caught her again around 25.2 miles.  Devan and I ran with her at the 20 mile mark and she was feeling pretty tired at that point.  I decided while we were waiting at the finish line for her that I would walk further down and run with her towards the finish, a final motivator on that last push of hers towards the full thing being finished.  So I kept walking until I came to a bridge and I waited there for her.  It was awesome to see my bff running towards me, looking very tired and ready to be done, but still running.  I started running alongside her and checking on how she was doing, if she was staying hydrated, and how she was feeling overall.  At one point she told me, "If I ever want to do this again, remind me how awful this feels right now and tell me I'm on drugs".  LOL.  It was pretty hilarious.  But she did make it to the end and finished in just under 5 hours, thinking around 4 hrs 55 minutes.  I'm very proud of Tiffany, even though sometimes along her training path we all wished the marathon was already over, I know that she worked hard to achieve this and am very proud of her for doing so.  She is officially a runner girl and has been since her first 1/2 marathon.  She inspires me to work out and push myself harder than I normally would.  She is amazing!!  I love you Tiffany.

"Suddenly I See"~KT Tunstall

Her face is a map of the world
Is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm
She holds you captivated in her palm

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me

I feel like walking the world
Like walking the world
You can hear she's a beautiful girl
She's a beautiful girl
She fills up every corner like she's born in black and white
Makes you feel warmer when you're trying to remember
What you heard
She likes to leave you hanging on her word

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me

And she's taller than most
And she's looking at me
I can see her eyes looking from a page in a magazine
Oh she makes me feel like I could be a tower
A big strong tower
She got the power to be
The power to give
The power to see

Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
This is what I wanna be
Suddenly I see (Suddenly I see)
Why the hell it means so much to me 

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Thank you so much for being there to support me, run with me, encourage me and listen to me tell you how much fun I was NOT having while running for 5 hours in the heat :) You are amazing, and I love you too! Thanks for being my BFF.