Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Much Needed

Well I'm into finals week finally.  Can't believe this semester is finally over.  It has felt like it has taken forever.  I really feel like I enjoyed quarters at UW much better than I am enjoying semesters at PLU.  Semesters just take to frigging long people, seriously.  Oh well, finals are done by Thursday so I am almost there.  It's also my birthday week which means barbecue on Saturday.  I was hoping to get my new tattoos prior to the BBQ but my artist is booked up (plus there is a cash shortage at the moment), so I will have to put that on hold for now.  Also, if I'm starting my preceptor-ship soon, I'd rather not go into it with any kind of a deficit (which is how some hospitals are viewing tattoos these days).  Bummer!
I am still waiting to hear where I will be interning for the summer.  We've been told we might not know until just before the semester starts, which really sucks.  Sort of hard to plan for anything when you don't know what your schedule might be and you have no idea when you'll be "working" or not.  About half of our class already knows which just makes me more anxious to find out where I am going to be.  I'm fairly certain I did NOT get St. Joe's labor and delivery as the Franciscan positions have already been announced-which really bums me out.  But I've decided to take the positive approach which is that I will end up wherever I am meant to be.  I guess wherever I end up just might need my skills and will increase my education all that much more.
I sang for the first time ever on stage this weekend.  My friend, Megan, played guitar while I sang (into a microphone no less) for the first time ever and did really well.  I was even complimented more than once, despite having started off somewhat shakey and extremely nervous.  So with that in mind, the next song I'd like to sing is this one...I can even change the lyrics to a female/male persuasion if I'd like to....LOL
Beth~Kiss
Beth, I hear you callin'
But I can't come home right now
Me and the boys are playin'
And we just can't find the sound

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

You say you feel so empty
That our house just ain't a home
And I'm always somewhere else
And you're always there alone

Just a few more hours
And I'll be right home to you
I think I hear them callin'
Oh, Beth what can I do
Beth what can I do

Beth, I know you're lonely
And I hope you'll be alright
'Cause me and the boys will be playin'
All night

No comments: