Sunday, April 24, 2011

Month, yet again.

Been a little over a month since my last post.  Usually this would mean that I just didn't think there was much to be said OR there was just too much going on so I wasn't able to post.  That wasn't the case this time around.  There was a lot going on, I had plenty I wanted to say but just...didn't.  You see, after awhile, I find I've extended myself so far into others, out of myself, that suddenly I find myself in a nightmare of a time that feels like I will never get out of.  I eventually do of course, I'm too resilient to not do so~that's just not Jaime.  So, those of you that know the truth, you stick by me, and I love you through all of it.  I know you feel the same way about me, even when I'm crazy wild silly goofy and my usual scatter brained self.
Four more weeks of classes left, then one week off until summer semester.  I can't wait for summer!  We are doing our preceptor-ship and I couldn't be more excited.  Classes are only on Mondays and there are only two of them.  Then the rest of the time we spend working one on one with a nurse and learning from them.  I picked my specialties as my top areas of interest: Labor & Delivery, NICU, and finally ER.  I know, this may come as a shock for some of you who have known me to be strictly NICU focused for more than a year and a half.  But I had the best time in labor and delivery (in case you didn't read my earlier posts).  I found that yes, I still LOVE babies, but I also like being with the mommies and families who are having the babies.  I have been talking a lot with my instructor about this whole journey and am even more excited to start.
Also, my birthday is next month, going to be 33 years old already.  My how time flies.  Ok short post, but stuff to do.

Today's Song:
Pills~Sarah McLachlan & Perishers
"I hope my smile can distract you
I hope my fists can fight for two
So it never has to show
And you’ll never know

I hope my love can blind you
I hope my arms can bind you
So you’ll never have to see
What we’ve grown to be

One may think we’re alright
But we need pills to sleep at night
We need lies to make it through the day
We’re not okay

One may think we're alright
But we need pills to sleep at night
We need lies to make it through the day
We're not okay

One may think we’re doing fine
But if I had to lay it on the line
We’re losing ground with every passing day
We’re not okay

But that’s one thing I would never
One thing I would never
One thing I would never say to you
That’s one thing I would never 
One thing I would never
That's one thing I would never say to you"

No comments: