Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Changes Coming..30 Days To Go

So I've been volunteered (and agreed to) participate in a couple's challenge biggest loser style.  Because Tiff & Kerry aren't "big" enough I'm paired with Will (Tiff's husband for those who don't know).  We are going against Ray & Betsy, and Megan & Brian.  So fingers crossed that Will and I can pull out the biggest numbers and kill it against everyone else.  So with that change in mind I came to a stunning (well not really) realization that other people blog with a purpose~about their running, their wedding planning, their funny lives, their sports, their pregnancy, etc.  I blog with no purpose.  I blog because I like to write and sometimes there are just things inside my head that I feel like need to be put on "paper".  Am I a writer?  No, not really.  But I adore the written word and sometimes feel that how things can be written are easier than just saying them.  I guess the biggest purpose I can come up with on my blog is to blog somewhat about going to school (which is a bit like blogging about your job~boring) and barring that idea I guess it's just to share whatever random song I feel like for the day.
The other change I'm making to the blog is that it will no longer push emails out to people.  So those of you that have been getting this via email...this will be the last one.  If you want to read what I have to write from time to time then you know where to find the information.  At least then I won't feel like I am just sending crap to people who could care (or not) to read about whatever random junk is floating around inside my brain.  Speaking of amazingly random shit that I like to write about, I put a song on my iTunes while posting this blog.  Apparently iTunes can read my mind and as I went to check it, the application had already put the song on repeat, as if somehow knowing my emotional state and realizing I would want to listen to the same song over and over again. Who knew iTunes was so amazing?!?!
No song to post today.  The one I'm listening to right now is one I've posted before, so I'll leave it blank.
Tomorrow is my NICU rotation, I'm very excited and can't wait to see what the day has in store.

2 comments:

SarahLynn said...

You didn't have to post the song, but I would have liked to have known what it was. And really, does there have to be a purpose? I think it just focuses people who have a tendency not to know what to say, or where to start. You ever read Momomatic? What's her purpose? Yet I still find them mostly entertaining, you never know quite what to expect.

Tiffany said...

Darling there is no law that says your blog must have a purpose! And yours does have a purpose actually- it is where you put all your thoughts swimming around in your brain! I enjoy reading your blog, so keep it up lady :) Love you, and good luck on the competition...I don't want to be buying dinner for everyone!!!