Thursday, December 30, 2010

Made It!

Ok, so after last semester's debacle with my grade point average (being brought down by the hell that is Advanced Pathophysiology) I managed to pull myself out of the slumps and obtain my 3.0 average.  YEAH!  This is extremely good news as my program requires a 3.0 average to stay in the program and I WAS on academic probation.  Naughty naughty girl.  But that's all behind me now and I am moving with the onwards and upwards motion.  January starts my pediatrics rotation and I could not be more excited.  I am working at Madigan and we will actually get to do a NICU rotation which is very exciting.  January also starts my half marathon training up yet again.  Because of my appendix surgery last year I did not get to run in the NODM but am going to do it this year alongside my best friend (and excellent runner) Tiffany who will be running her first full marathon.  Pretty exciting and motivating stuff if you ask me, we are totally going to rock it.  Hopefully we can get some good supporters out there this year as well and maybe stay in the super nice super huge house in Sequim again (although preferably without any drama this time around).
Like many others do at the end of the year I take a moment or two to reflect on the ups and downs of the year.  Oh wait, isn't that how life is though, up and down.  I swear if life didn't feel like a roller coaster I would sometimes wonder what ride I was on and where I could get off!  Things I wouldn't trade anything in the world for this year: hearing Frances say Auntie Meems and giggle as I tickle her and play with her, Niko wrapping his arms around my neck and snuggling close with me while he says I love you, Devan playing awesome defense on the soccer field and proving herself every bit my niece with her one two punch with her BFF Kara, my sister and mother-my truest family in every sense of the word, my health-learning lifestyles over and over again constantly proving that I can change and I can evolve, and of course KJ and my adopted family (i.e. friends).  Could not make it through without all of those things.
Ok, so on another note, those of you that notice (and care) can see that I am posting at 148ish in the morning.  Guess who didn't fill her sleep medication refill today-that's right, ME!  Insomnia really sucks, but I'm sure I've mentioned that before.  Here's to a new year!!

And because I love her, Pink-Fuckin' Perfect
"Made a wrong turn
Once or twice
Dug my way out
Blood and fire
Bad decisions
That’s alright
Welcome to my silly life
Mistreated, misplaced, missundaztood
Miss “no way it’s all good”
It didn’t slow me down
Mistaken
Always second guessing
Underestimated
Look, I’m still around…
Pretty, pretty please
Don’t you ever, ever feel
Like your less than
Fuckin’ perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like your nothing
You’re fuckin’ perfect to me
You’re so mean
When you talk
About yourself
You are wrong
Change the voices
In your head
Make them like you
Instead
So complicated
Look how big you’ll make it
Filled with so much hatred
Such a tired game
It’s enough
I’ve done all i can think of
Chased down all my demons
see you same
Pretty, pretty please
Don’t you ever, ever feel
Like your less than
Fuckin’ perfect
Pretty, pretty please
If you ever, ever feel
Like your nothing
You’re fuckin’ perfect to me
The world stares while i swallow the fear
The only thing i should be drinking is an ice cold beer
So cool in lying and I tried tried
But we try too hard, it’s a waste of my time
Done looking for the critics, cuz they’re everywhere
They don’t like my genes, they don’t get my hair
Stringe ourselves and we do it all the time
Why do we do that?
Why do I do that?
Why do I do that?
Ooh, pretty pretty pretty,
Pretty pretty please don’t you ever ever feel
Like you’re less then, fuckin’ perfect
Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel
Like you’re nothing you’re fuckin’ perfect, to me
You’re perfect
You’re perfect
Pretty, pretty please don’t you ever ever feel like you’re less then, fucking perfect
Pretty, pretty please if you ever ever feel like you’re nothing you’re fucking perfect to me"

No comments: