Saturday, August 28, 2010

One week check in...

Well Thursday was one week post surgery, and I'm feeling pretty good.  Well I was feeling pretty good until I got up this morning and felt like I had been run over and didn't want to move.  I figured this was just because we took the kids to the Mariner's game last night and I traveled up and down many more flights of stairs than I have been on in some time.  However, after going back to sleep for several hours and waking up just in time for the storm game (who won, yeah, go team) I realized this was more than just a simple matter of being sore.  Sooo I spent most of the day on the couch, sleeping, waking up every now and again to change positions or to listen to the cats whining at me.  I'm not feeling as horrible now, but still not feeling 100% (well in reference to post surgery 100% anyway).
So, band is now removed.  My body, in healing mode, is back to the way as nature intended it.  Well minus an appendix that is.  I can't wait until I am fully healed and can hit it back in the gym.  Our school schedule looks like it will allow for some more personal time, although that might be my own misconception as it just looks like less in class time.  We start off right away with clinicals so that will of course take up some time.  Looks like I start with my psych rotation and midway through the semester we move over to med/surg.  I can't wait!
Alright, short post, no song to post as I've been  laid up all day.  See you on the flip side....

No comments: