Friday, June 25, 2010

Awww...Dammit

Well, it's almost one in the morning and I just finished writing a paper and (mostly) finishing a health history form. Doesn't that sound exciting?!?  LOL.  Looking forward to the end of this week, as it means only 6 more weeks to go.  But at the same time, next week is going to be ROUGH!  More patho quizzes of course (I swear the bain of my nursing school existence), as well as my first patho EXAM.  In addition to the two other tests I have, one of which includes the dosage exam that I am still aiming for 100% on.  Things just keep piling up, so attempting to practice good study habits as well as my (not so excellent) organizational skills in order to keep myself on track.  I swear though, advanced pathophysiology (hereafter and previously referred to as patho) is going to kill me.  I sit through lecture, prepared (which is rare for me) and feel like I am staring at my 50+ year old lesbian teacher like she is speaking a language no one has ever heard of.  So then I sit through the class, because of how she presents it, wondering why I don't get it.  It wasn't until I asked a fellow student if she was understanding and she said no, not really, that I realized it wasn't just that I was dumb.  The material is HARD and overwhelming....and likely never going to be used in my day to day activities as a nurse.  Good times!!
Ok sorry, enough about patho.  Saturday marks the return of ME to my favorite activity-SOCCER.  Even though it's indoor (sorry Tiff, but outdoor is my fav), I am very excited and ready to get back into playing.
Well I thought I had more to say, but I just got distracted by facebook.  So I will end with my song for the night....

Firebomb, Rihanna
"Gunfire left a hole in the tank, losing gasoline 
Fire is on my trail and he's after me 
Hope it don't get here before I get where I'm going I gotta get where I'm going 
Take off my mask to breathe 

You could've been a part of a masterpiece 
Fluid in the brakes was the last to leak 
That's the thing 

Where im going I don't need my brakes, 
Can't wait to see your face, 
When your front windows break, 
and I come crashing through 

The lovers need to clear the road 
Oh oh 
Because this thing is ready to blow 
Oh oh 

I just wanna set you on fire 
So I won't have to burn alone 
Then you 
Then you'll know where I'm coming from 
Fire bomb... 
Fire bomb 

Seems cold but baby no it doesn't have to be, 
Microwaving a metal tragedy 
Watching it burning, it's beautiful and it's blue 
and it's pitiful and it's blue, it's the other half of me 
I didn't do it you lit the match for me, 
Now we're flying from the blast baby, 
Thats the thing. 

Where we're going we don't need no brakes, 
Can't wait to see your face, 
when your front windows break, 
and I come crashing through. 

The lovers need to clear the road 
Oh oh, 
Because this thing is ready to blow 
Oh oh, 

I just wanna set you on fire 
So I won't have to burn alone 
Then you 
Then you'll know where I'm coming from 
Fire bomb... 
Fire bomb 

Baby we were killin' em, 
They couldnt handle the millionth degree 
We were criminals, 
As we were burning, the world called the police 

Fire department, ambulance 
You can call me crazy 'cause I believe 
The only move for me and you 
Is to go out blazing 

The lovers need to clear the road 
Oh, oh, oh 
Cause this thing is ready to blow 
Oh, oh, oh 

I just wanna set you on fire 
So I won't have to burn alone 
Then you 
Then you'll know where I'm coming from 
Fire bomb 
Oh oh 
Fire bomb"

1 comment:

SarahLynn said...

Apparently I'm the only one capable of leaving a comment. You forgot to mention that we are going to the midnight showing of Eclipse on Tuesday and also Lilith fair on Saturday. It just adds to your hectic life. Half the time I don't know how I get through the week and I don't have to study, take exams, or go to class. So keep going girl, you're going to make it.