Friday, June 12, 2009

They are Done!

Finals are officially over. I finished my A&P final today in 45 minutes then headed off to do some much needed relaxing. Oh, I did get to sell back some of my books for a whopping $160 bucks which is of course currently burning a hole in my pocket. (Well not currently as it is almost 1am and the only place open is wal-mart and I don't need more shit from there).
Just got done watching "He's just not that into you" and boy it was pretty on the money. I can't really say it was an eye opener per se, however it did remind me of some things that we sometimes lose sight of in the day to day. The of course, accurate yet heartbreaking quote at the end of the movie, "Maybe the happy ending is... just... moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope." But sometimes we do, don't we? As a species, humanity is not full of hope to begin with. Don't get me wrong, some people are. Those of you that are like me, the ones that have suffered enough things in their lives...sometimes we just give on hope. Hope is something that's hard to believe in, because to have hope that is ultimately never fulfilled, that is to be crushed, hurt, to be vulnerable. Who wants to lay their heart out on the line like that. Oh wait, that's me right....I do that. Stupid girl...
Devan turned seven today, Will's birthday is tomorrow (I think it's 37, I know, bad friend), it's been a birthday week. I'm meeting Tiffany for some kickboxing tomorrow (god forgive me my knee for I know not what I do), then helping her decorate cupcakes for devan's swim party on saturday. I actually need to go pick up her present also, and I think I'd like to pick her up from school since I didn't see her on her birthday...which makes me very sad. Birthdays are important to me, I don't know why, they just are. With so many things that go on in our lives, all the hustle and bustle of everyday living, having that one day that is just for you (and of course yes i realize all the other people born the same day), that means something. A day that everyone should be celebrated and valued because of their uniqueness, their je ne sais quoi, that thing that makes us love them most. My dev girl, she's a special lady, and no way she could be copied.
Lyrics:
You get me When nobody understands You come and take the chance, baby You get me You look inside my wild mind Never knowing what you'll find And still you want me all the time Yeah, you do Yeah, you get me

No comments: