Saturday, May 09, 2009

Randomness...In all its Finery!

"Your love in all its finery, tear up the darkness all around me, until I can breathe again, until I believe again."
Yes, this post will be pretty random.  So strap in, hold on, and enjoy the ride.  As I've been feeling really random today.  We went to see the Carrie Fisher show at Seattle Rep, "Wishful Drinking", it was pretty much hilarious and there were a few take aways that I thought were funny.  First one: resentment is like drinking poison....and waiting for the other person to die.  Second one-instant gratification takes too long.  I don't know there were a lot of other things too, perhaps I will start writing cf style, with random things to say and lots of funnies to distribute throughout life.  
When someone tells you they wishes they were stronger, what do you do, do you wish them strength, do you tell them to lift weights, what is the answer to that question?!?
When someone asks if it ever bothers you to be so honest with everyone...isn't that like a rhetorical question?!?  Of course it does, because being honest and sharing myself with everyone means that I am open, I am vulnerable, and occasionally I will get hurt because of this.  But my heart heals, as they say "all things heal in time" and my heart I find has only been bruised, not broken.
There is a new option for me as far as the nursing program goes, but I happen to think it a pretty excellent one.  I found out from my meds person on Thursday that the UW offers a nursing entry program for individuals who already have a bachelors degree in another field of study.  It is a 3 year immersion program, which means one more than the RN, and at the end of the program I would come out with my masters in nursing (or my ARNP), both of which are super great degrees and could potentially earn me a lot of money.  Aside from that, as an ARNP I can have my pick of specialties and if eventually I feel like it, can have my own private practice.  Yet another awesome potential.  Oh, and did I mention that ARNP's can prescribe meds....woohoo.  Just kidding.
Next A&P test is on Tuesday.  People, keep your fingers crossed for me pretty please, kay?!?
"I don't wanna be the girl who has to fill the silence
The quiet scares me 'cause it screams the truth Please don't tell me that we had that conversation I won't remember, save your breath, 'cos what's the use? Ah, the night is calling? And it whispers to me softly come and play Ah, I am falling And If I let myself go I'm the only one to blame"

1 comment:

AlaskaMe said...

Yes so I can call you up when I need refills instead of my docotr because they take forever. Except that probably would work across state lines. DAMN! I just can't win.