Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Love is not matter

Yes, that's correct people, love is not matter. Now I'm not saying love does not matter, I'm saying it is not matter. Matter has been defined for me as that which has mass and takes up space and as we can all clearly ascertain, love does not physically take up space or have mass. But boy, if you are the person feeling it (or the loss of it) it sure does seem like it is matter doesn't it? Haven't you ever felt the weight of a broken heart resting deeply in your chest, occupying the area that used to be filled with happiness and light. Oh well, I guess it's a scientific notion versus a belief. So, I have chemistry again this quarter and my first round of anatomy and physiology. I found out in A&P last night that we are going to have dissect fetal pigs this quarter. Yeah me, remind me again why it is that I think I can be a nurse. I really thought I was going to be sick when he was just talking about it. But I guess it's better than cats. Jenn was telling me a story about how they dissected cats in her A&P class and that when she opened her cat up there were four unborn kittens in there....now that is nasty/disgusting/horrifying to me. Not to mention the fact that hello, I have cats, I don't know if I could dissect one. Well only a month and a few days until we all head to Disneyland. Me, Kerry, Tiff, Will & the kids. It will be a very exciting and much needed vacation. So far it looks like it will work just fine with my school schedule so that's good. Lyrics today: "Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?You’re whole life waiting on the ring to prove you’re not alone? Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?" xoxo-J

1 comment:

AlaskaMe said...

Love is not matter! you know I am right there with you on that one.