Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday

Happy Thursday to all my readers out there. I'm sure you are vast and many! Ha ha. So, update from yesterday's appointment. I found out I have Barrett's Esophagus. Basically it's not really anything but does not help when it comes to reflux, it can also cause abnormal cells in the esophagus which of course can cause dysplasia, which doctors of course worry about because those in turn can lead to cancer. So I basically have to have an endoscopy again next year to make sure, and if its okay then I only have to go every two years. Oh joy oh rapture. I also found out that I have a small hiatal hernia. This is apparently when the stomach starts slipping up (at least in me) into the esophagus. Doctor said it looked pretty small but that if during surgery it turns out to be bigger than they expect they will just repair it. Excellent! But hey, all of these things are tilting the scale definitely in my favor towards getting insurance approval. WooHoo! Also found out that the lovely Kerry got some great honors yesterday. She's ranked #10 nationally for stores in her division. That is very exciting! Of course the worry is that she's expected to step it up every year, and coming into a recession that will be tougher than most years. But I have faith that she will do great, she always does. She's just too humble to say so. xoxo J

No comments: