Thursday, March 06, 2008

Thriving on a Thursday

Okay, so I caught it right before a month. I am posting a blog entry in under a month, but just barely. Ha ha. Things have been pretty busy. Two weeks ago I had my EGD performed by Dr. Oh. After not having eaten anything for 12 hours, I checked in at 9:30AM, to be told that my appointment was scheduled for 11:30. What the hell?!?! Needless to say, I was STARVING by the time I got out of recovery. During my procedure he discovered that I have Esophagitis Gastritis, which is apparently fancy terms for chronic looking reflux problems. So he did a biopsy of it anyway because they have to confirm that it's not cancer. I find out those results on 3/12. Day after EGD I started a new medical diet that consists of jennycraig-esque meals (3x a day), protein shakes (4x a day) and 5 servings of vegetables a day. I'm almost making that vegetable goal, but at least the food/shakes taste pretty good. Today is one week since I've been on that. It keeps me around 1500-1800 calories per day, which is not bad. Only 23 days until we leave for Palm Springs. Hopefully this HMR diet will help me be feeling fit for that, especially since Kerry's going to make me stick with it through vacation. YUCK!! But oh well, whatever I have to do to reach the goals I need. "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

1 comment:

AlaskaMe said...

Well I'm proud of you and good on Kerry for making you stick with it on your vacation too. You will be happier in the long run. love Ya!