Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Next Steps

Quick update. I leave work in an hour to go find out about my results from the EGD. I'm hoping, at that time, that Dr. will decide to go forward with scheduling my surgery and I will finally have a date goal. YEAH! Right now my goal has been working towards Palm Springs (3/29) and luckily I am almost there. Since seeing Dr. Oh back on 2/1 I am down 15 lbs, which is pretty exciting. I guess the HMR meal plan is working out so far. On another note, we purchased new cars this weekend. Even though I'm not terribly excited about the payments of course, I am very stoked to be driving my new car around. Kerry and I both got Mazdas. She got a Mazda 6 and I got a Mazda 3. Mine is 4 door sedan, "galaxy grey" is the color they call it. I describe it more as a charcoal color with blue undertones, almost a gunmetal grey, but I really like it. Black leather seats, beautiful consoles (with red and blue lighting), and a pretty nice stereo system. Yesterday my trainer decided to give me an "under 300" workout party. Man, his definition of party is vastly different from mine, that's for sure. 12 sets of stairs, lunges, side slides, high kicks, quad mill machine....oh yeah my legs are hurting today. But that's okay. Like my quote said before, one step towards a thousand mile journey. I decided that while I'm recovering from surgery I will FINALLY be finishing up the scarf I started knitting over a year ago. I'm making it for my niece, and it's pink, and if it's finished by April....well then she can enjoy a summer scarf. Ha ha.

1 comment:

AlaskaMe said...

Well if you still have time left you can knit me a scarf since it snowed last night and by the time you finish it it will probably still be cold I would still wear it.