Wednesday, February 13, 2008

One week later...

First off, its great to have friends, I hope all of them are reading my blog right now so they know that I think it's great that I have them. Kerry and I had a little spat last night, it was not pretty, but thankfully is somewhat resolved now. I had called K to make her go out to eat with me after letting T leave because I thought Kerry and I were doing dinner. K was busy and could not but told her I would call her later. Ended up driving around, then coming back home and K had called me but I didn't return her call. Her husband called this morning to make sure I was okay. How cute is that!! I love knowing people care about me and worry, but then alternatively I also feel bad that I made them worry. Such is my life.... Part two of surgery details to post. I got a call from the insurance coordinator at my doctors office. She indicated that before insurance will even look at covering me, I have to have my psychological evaluation and my nutritional counseling appointments. Now granted, I expected to have to have these anyway (as indicated on the website www.lapbandtalk.com), however I thought they would be pre-surgery, not pre-pre-surgery. Anyway, I was able to get both of those things scheduled so they will be taking place in the next week and a half. I also talked to the HR person here at work and found out that if I'm out 6+ days, then I will be covered by STD (that's short term disability for those not in the know). Of course the fact that we have a health insurance called STD is pretty much hilarious, but as we all know, I'm a 12 year old boy stuck in a 29 year old woman's body. Ha ha!! Only a month and a half away from Palm Springs. I'm so excited!!!

1 comment:

AlaskaMe said...

Don't you just love it when your health insurance actually works with you?