Friday, August 03, 2007

Concussed?

Is that even a word people? I don't know, I should know, being the lover of big words that I am, however for today, its the word foremost in my mind. Here's the haps ya'll. I played soccer last night, first game back in about a week and 1/2. So I took a header straight from the goalie last night, it was a hard-ish ball, I didn't pass out, although I did temporarily have that spin around feeling of where am I and who are all these people?!? And I swear, that ball dropped down from the sky in sloooooooow motion. It was bizarre. I had a headache after I left. Long story short (well not really), but Kerry wouldn't let me go to sleep because she was worried I might coma-out on her. (That would be a bummer way to go, I mean where's the drama there). But all is fine, I think, although really the head still hurts. Maybe it's a "mild" concussion. On another note, I miss my gal Friday, Keri Jones in A-town. I mean I never see movies these days, I blame her. We used to go see movies on the weekend, yes MOVIES plural, as in up to 5 per weekend. I had never been so well versed in movie trivia as I was back then. Now I see movies as in, once in a blue moon, and usually with titles only my nieces can see. The most risque thing I've seen lately..plot lines from Veronica Mars (don't get me wrong, loved that series so far, still need season 3). But it was made for TV, its' not exactly titillating. <-hehe, love that word. Kerry is getting Lasik on the 14th. I'm nervous for her, but excited at the same time. I mean this is SURGERY with a capital S (or pretty much allcaps as i've written), however they could f*ck it up and she could be blind. That makes it major to me. But as in all things, I worry too much, she'll be great. She always is, my little "happified" wife. Happy Friday Peeps! "Life begins at 40-but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times." ~Helen Rowland

No comments: