Monday, July 09, 2007

Peeling..but not apples.

Happy Monday y'all. That's right, I typed y'all. It's okay, you will recover. So the weekend was pretty good. Kerry and I broke in the new barbecue by having some friends over on Saturday night-Tiff/Devan/Kendra/Ray/Trina/Linda/Chellie/Matthew and us and the cats. A good time was had by all, I hope?!? Seriously though, I feel really blessed that I have such awesome friends, even the ones that did not/could not attend my barbecue. So here's the thing, when we were out on the boat on the 4th, I of course got burned by the sun. Yeah glowing thing up there in the sky, rarely seen here in Washington, its like one of the wonders of the world to us. Being the pale ghostly creature that I am, I of course applied sunscreen as directed by various medical experts. Alas, to no avail, I was not screened from the sun. I was made tomato red, and then funky brown as my skin started to peel up. Yes that's right, I look like I have some skin fungus of course! I "force" peeled my face so it wouldn't be all gross from work, the shoulders are coming along on their own though. I played soccer on Sunday, and applied sunscreen before the game, and during 1/2 time. Have to say it worked much better that time around. After soccer though, I went home and prepared some BBQ'd steaks, a cesar salad and some wine for my darling wife. It was a good day. Goldmember: [picking skin off his back] Ooh yesh. Yesh yesh yesh yesh. This is a keeper. Dr. Evil: Aaaall right... you're not going to put that skin in your mouth, are you? Goldmember: [eats piece of skin] Dr. Evil: You did... ok... that's just gross. [Mini me cringes and shakes head] Goldmember: Yesh, salty. Yesh that was good.

2 comments:

AlaskaMe said...

Drop IT! Do not put that piece of skin in your mouth. Eeewwww GROSS! Do you taste good?

Seriously sorry you got burned but at least you get to see the sun. Sounds like you had a blast too - so that is awesome.

Marz said...

I really wish I were not eating breakfast while reading this one. BLEH.

It's okay though... Mike's doing the same peely thing right now. Sounds like you had a blast!

I heart you guys and miss you too!