Monday, July 23, 2007

Couch Potato, Couch Potato!

Happy Monday peeps. I'm actually awake for once so an interesting (well somewhat) to follow. Here was my exciting weekend, to catch everyone up. Went to the Hicks house on Friday night to help with some packing in their getting ready to move to their first ever purchased house. We went out to dinner at E9, and ended the night watching Stir of Echoes and playing a little Scrabble. Yes it's true, geeks walk among us. Saturday morning! I eagerly anticipated the arrival of HP7. No, not a super fast computer machine from the 90's, but Harry Potter, book 7. It arrived at 9:30AM, however by then I was already safely ensconced amongst the sofa cushions watching the rest of season one of Veronica Mars (If you have not seen this show, I recommend it, as was given to me by two friends from work). I was skeptical at first, but seriously at the end of season 3 (this year), I will be sad to see that it has gone. So after, let's say, 5 hours of watching Veronica Mars, I then decided to jump into HP7. I will not bore you with the details of my reading. Needless to say I was too invested in the book to even make dinner, so I ordered pizza. 7 1/2 hours later, the book is finished and I am sad that I will never be reading a NEW Harry Potter book ever again. I did make up for Sunday's pyjama hangout by playing soccer on Sunday. It kind of counts, right?? "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." ~ Albus Dumbledore (HP3)

2 comments:

AlaskaMe said...

"Harry, Harry, Harry!" I so can't wait - I wonder if I will find a whole day to devote to this book. My vote is that the playing of "La Football" counts as exercise.

Marz said...

I'm taking my time with this one... only because it is the last. :(