Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rah Rah, Go TEAM!

So, our beloved Storm lost last night to Detroit. The Detroit Shock, in case you were not informed, won the WNBA title last year. They also happen to have a coach that I love to hate, Bill Laimbeer! He was known as one of the "bad boys" of the NBA during his 14 years of play. And although from all accounts most of his players love him as a coach, as the coach of someone other than my team, I think he tries intimidating tactics and is generally annoying on the court. I'm always happy when the referees give him a technical because I find it entertaining. But he does have some great players on his team, as evidenced by their playing last night. That being said, we're not even 1/2 way through the season, so the Storm could still end up doing just fine. Hopefully we will start cohesing more as a team, seems like our chemistry is off right now. Speaking of, if you have time, please go to WNBA.com and vote for these people for allstars in the West Conference-Lauren Jackson (love me some LJ), Sue Bird, Betty Lennox, Janelle Burse, and Iziane Castro-Marques (she's a write in). On another note, there is a soccer tournament in Redmond this weekend called Jet City. I didn't realize, until Tuesday of this week, that this tournament was happening this weekend. I was hoping someone would invite me to play on it this year, but alas, that did not happen. I found out that one of the girls coordinating it from my team is one that I've historically thought does not like me very much, so this isn't a big shocker, but quite a few of my teammates are playing and were asking if I was playing too. Makes me feel kinda dumb when I'm like "No, I wasn't invited" and they all think that's dumb. But hey, at least its nice to know some of them want me there. Perhaps I will be Jet City bound next year. "A champion is someone who does not settle for that day's practice, that day's competition, that day's performance. They are always striving to be better. They don't live in the past" ~Brianna Scurry (Olympics 1996)

2 comments:

Marz said...

I have faith that you will be bound for the city of jets next year indeed... wait that was all backwards. You know what I mean!

AlaskaMe said...

Yeah - totally - maybe you should go and cheer on your teammates that did want you to go not to mention it might make the other girl feel bad. I'm not above using guilt for personal gain/revenge!

Also I am going to vote right now!