Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I LOVE soccer!

Okay, so I love soccer, I love playing, I like watching it, you get the picture here right?!? Here's what I don't love...I am prone to bruises and/or injuries. So currently I have two big ugly bruises on my right leg. As well as a 2 inch blister on the instep of my right foot. Now, odd place for me to get a blister I know, but bear with me, I'll explain. About 2 months ago I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis (sp?). I was prescribed orthotics which has helped relieve some of the pain in my left heel. So, I got them adjusted last week because they would not fit in my soccer shoes, which frankly is the MAIN place I should be wearing them. So wore them on Sunday, they were fine. Wore them last night, got some rocks in my shoes, noticed it was hurting-figured it was the rocks, cleaned shoes out at 1/2 time...not the rocks, ORTHOTIC hell. Had to play second half as we had 2 people get injured and were out. Yeah good times. "And I came close to losing a part of my foot on two occasions. I hope I'm consistently lucky and that the next time I develop a blister or step on something sharp, that I don't go as far as I did on those two times."~ Mary Tyler Moore (yeah, smart lady Mary Tyler Moore, should listen to her more often)

2 comments:

AlaskaMe said...

Pink strapy sandals giving away for FREE cause they don't fit my foot right - want 'em?

Marz said...

Mary Tyler Moore IS a smart woman! Glad you're having fun with the soccer though!